Popular for the hot springs and scenic views of the Himalayan mountains, Kheerganga is situated in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. Located about 22 km away from the pilgrimage town of Manikaran, trekking through the dense forests and a bath in its hot springs are a refreshing experience. You can go trekking, camping in the forest and indulge in landscape photography during your stay at Kheerganga. The view of the sunset and trekking through Kheerganga forests are an incredible experience. Barshaini is the last motorable point. Hiring a guide to reach Kheerganga is recommended. It takes 4hours from barshaini to kheerganga on feet. While trekking from Barshaini, you will come across the village and several sightseeing options like Rudra-Nag, the serpent shaped waterfall. After rudra nag croosing bridge over parvati river, the trail goes steep for a while. The way is mixed of steep and moderate trek. Then we reach the khirganga slope from where one can see the food tents and the temple. This temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and there is a hot spring famous for its medicinal properties. In this hot spring one can take bath and relax his tirednass during the trek. The best time to visit Kheerganga is between the months of May and November when the weather remains pleasant and favorable. Winter months are avoided for the trek, as the snow makes the trail difficult to walk and the rocks become slippery.
There are a few restaurants along the road near Kheerganga that serve vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes of Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisine.
There is an ashram near the Shiva temple that offers basic accommodation and decent facilities.
According to legend, Kartikeya, the younger son of Lord Shiva and Parvati, meditated for a thousand years at Kheerganga making it a very important religious place for Hindus.
About the Activity:
- Embark on this delightful trekking trip that enables you to explore the real beauty of Kheer Ganga.
- Trek through the rugged mountainous terrain takes you through stunning landscapes. Delight in the natural beauty accompanying you.
- Make your way through beautiful tiny hamlets and witness the local life of the people.
- You will be picked up from the Bank Of India ATM and the guide will take you to Barsaini. Start the trek passing by through local villages of Rudranag. Upon arrival at Kheer Ganga, head to the top of the valley for hot spring water bath.
- Camp for the night basking in the serenity of the surrounding mountains and gorges.
NOTE: Extra night stay in Kheer Ganga can be availed at 500 INR per person per night.
Region: Parvati Valley
- Total Duration – 1 Night / 2 Days
- Maximum Altitude – 2960 mtrs.
- Grade – Easy to Moderate
- Best Season – April to December
- Accommodation – Organized Campsite
- Food – On trek – All meals included
- Distance – 22 KM.
Fix departure tariff 2500/- excluding GST of 5%
Tariff For Customised Group Per Person
3,000/- (above 15 Participant)
3,500/- (11-15 Participants)
4,000/- (8-10 Participants)
5,000/- (4-7 Participants)
7,000/- (2-3 Participants)
Things to Pack:
Rucksack, cotton clothes, good trekking shoes, a warm jacket, Gloves, warmer, woolen or monkey cap covering head and ears, UV rays protected sunglasses, raincoat, extra socks, water bottle, torch, cold cream, sunscreen, toilet soap, towel, Walking Stick medicines that you usually use.
Tents on twin/triple sharing basis.
Follow the instructions of the guide while trekking.
Nutritious, high calorie food will be served (Usual menu is veg, however can carry/provide eggs or canned meat if important)
This is a group tour
- If any cancellations are made before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking.
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.
Rates are exclusive GST of 5%.
Note that the cost would vary for customized group according to their requirements.